Tuesday 14 November 2017

Album Artwork: Sketching My Draft


In our lesson today, my group and I started to draft our album artwork. We began by brainstorming some of our initial ideas of what we all wanted to achieve from our design. After brainstorming, we each individually compiled a draft of what we envisioned for the artwork. By doing this individually, we were able to come up with three different designs. 

Before compiling my first draft, I sketched my design out into a grid of four boxes with the spine in the middle, the same as how we will lay out our final design. This was my sketch:



This was Eddie's:


This was Eden's:


From looking at the sketches, there are a lot of similarities such as having the artist on the front and back which conform to the genre conventions of 'indie pop'. It will be interesting to see how we all transfer our sketched into first drafts.

0 comments: