Friday 11 November 2016

Feedback From Individual Thriller Ideas

Today I had to pitch my two favourite, most developed ideas out of my four original ideas. I struggled to pick which ones to pitch but in the end I chose 1 and 2. I found it quite challenging because I felt like I couldn't word my ideas properly making them seem dull and undeveloped which was a shame because I could have got more precise feedback but I learnt from the experience and I feel more prepared for when we have to pitch our groups idea and I know what it is that I can do to be more prepared so that I can successfully contribute to the pitch making sure that our idea is properly communicated.

For my first idea the main feedback was to focus more on the flashbacks then on the man running through the forest which I agreed with because it would help achieve another point given which was to think about other ways to increase tension and suspense and because I ad thought originally that seeing a man running through a forrest for 2 minutes would be a bit cliché and boring. 

Another piece of feedback was to consider what sound I would use. One suggestion was that I maybe have non diegetic voice recordings that sound like news reports informing the audience what it is the character is running from suggesting that it's a mental thing he's running from rather than him being physically chased. I knew that this would then mean that I may have to play around with the overall narrative of the film but I thought it was an interesting concept to consider.

A question that I was asked was what it was that drove the character to murder. I was offered a lot of interesting ideas as to what the characters motivation to commit such a crime would have been. Ideas like black mail or a hostage situation were proposed which I knew would effect my original idea for the overall narrative but I was excited to develop those ideas and try to incorporate them into my narrative.